Monday 24 September 2012

Migrant Hawker

On Saturday morning, for want of something better to do, I wandered down to College Lake Reserve to pass a couple of hours. The weather was cool and breezy but there were still a Common Blues and the odd Small White on the wing. There were also a few dragonflies out and about including Ruddy and Common Darters basking in the weak sun and this inquisitive Migrant Darter Aeshna mixta aggressively patrolling its territory. Migrant Hawkers are great hoverer's and this male often came close as he gave me the once over, giving me a chance to grab some flight shots. I haven't quite nailed them but they are easily the best I've managed after years of trying!

Migrant Hawker Aeshna mixta, Male - College Lake, Buckinghamshire, 22/09/2012


Migrant Hawker Aeshna mixta, Male - College Lake, Buckinghamshire, 22/09/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment